Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year Wishes

A while back somebody mentioned on the board that Surviving Grady was like an online version of a neighborhood pub. I really liked the analogy; you've got the regulars, the recurring characters, the folks you see every now and then, and the random, odd visitor who you can tell right away is in the WRONG place. All of us talking about the Sox, baseball, music, politics, and whatever random topic comes up while usually drinking something judging by the number of monitors having stuff spewed on them.

With all that said, I just had a few wishes for some of the "regulars" that I'd like to pass along. Apologies to anyone I may forget but as it's well documented, I'm a tad slow. And Miles, I'd like to apologize for any grammatical errors that I'm POSITIVE will pop up.

For Tex, a chance to meet Beckett even though the world would never be the same.

Cyn, a year with some good health for you and the family and a year of no "FIRST" comments.

Tom, a 4.0 GPA and a huge demand for doorknobs. Also, maybe an intervention; we'll see.

Nancy, a bigger basement for everybody you have hidden down there. It's getting crowded.

Jersey, a new untraceable "cookie mix".

JD, a new pole and for nothing to go wrong with the house.

Rob, you've got JD. You don't need anything.

C, lifts for your shoes and a chance to play on some of those New England golf courses.

hayes, patience for putting up with candaon.

Becks, a new president. BTW,this is the ONLY wish I'm positive will happen.

Trot's Hat, a pint of Guinness, a new table to hide under, and the quietest library patrons EVER.

Horshamscouse, a years supply of Prozac to help recover from the visit to my house last week.

Kelly, someone with clout to see your pictures and offer you a job in photography.

Beth, a group of kids who appreciate what you do and how hard it is to be a teacher.

Cindy, see Beth.

Alexis, a job you love in the field you want.

JET, some flucking recognition for the volunteer work you do at the hospital.

Zac, a new eggplant turtleneck. The one you've got is getting faded.

SotB, a new job with a new boss who doesn't have a mindless stick for a girlfriend.

Stephen, a trip to England.

Varitekchick, hopefully you can beat your son at Guitar Hero and a big year from Tek.

KDB, an antidote for Kryptonite and a tab at Shula's in Baltimore.

Deathopie, a new pair of jeans for the ones with radiation on them.

BB, the addition of another keg for the cave.

AB, a mild Maine winter and a new Magnum PI shirt.

Finally, Red and Denton; An unlimited supply of patience for putting up with all of us for another year.

Again, sorry for forgetting anyone. It wasn't intentional; blame the weakwaters.

Happy New Year everybody.

Updated 1-1-08.

KNEW I'd forget some, and I'm sure they'll be more.

Sideburns, steady work with the music and some new shirts for Tom to make fun of.

Brenken, health for the cats and family.

Poprocks, a ticket to Augusta.

If you see anyone I've missed, feel free to edit away.

12 comments:

Nancy said...

Ted, don't know how you find time for tall the blogging, but keep it up, man. Happy New Year to you, and my wish is that Rakes avoids maximum security prison before 18.

Love ya!

beckperson said...

Ditto.

You put the rest of us so-called bloggers to shame.

And thanks for wishing me something that might actually come true. Here's hoping our country survives to see it.

Happy New Year, Ted (and everyone)!

Ted D said...

Not sure what protocol is for a public blog like this, but thanks Nancy and Becks.

I expect to meet both of you at Tedapalooza in May.

beckperson said...

Protocol? We don't need no stinkin' protocol!

Ted D said...

Yeah, that's about what I figured, Becks.

Just wanted to make sure.

sssssssss said...

You made me smile on a night I'm usually frowning.

All my love, Ted...and happy new year to you and yours!

Tex said...

Well Im back home safe and sound. Whooped and Hollered it up as becks said I would :)

And Ted...i dont think becks is the only wish that will come true. I WILL meet Beckett this year. its just a matter of time.

what did you do? give them all sleeping pills so you could blog all night?

Redbeard76 said...

Hear, hear!

In 2008, I'd like to see Nancy start her own blog. She has so much to say in her warped way, I could honestly read that every day and come back for more sharp biting wit.

Well put, Ted. Bravo, I don't see any grammatical errors so far but that doesn't mean Tom won't find one; a quality post.

JET said...

Hey, thanks Ted! I have to confess, the fact that I work full time and do volunteer work comes up in virtually every conversation I have with ER staff and patients (people always ask me about myself), so I'm treated to comments of my being 'amazing' and 'wonderful' each time I go. As a result, I usually leave feeling pretty good. :)

Anyway, your wish for me has come true, but I greatly appreciate your looking out for me, my friend. Thank you.

hayes said...

Ted, don't know how you find time for tall the blogging,///


Jeez, lady. Ted goes and writes a beautiful heart felt post and you make a height joke. Meanie Beanie...

XOXO and happy happy new year gang!!!

HorshamScouse said...

Good job, Ted. No prozac needed. HNY, buddy.

Trot's Hat said...

Way to be late to the party, but I happened to find this virtual smile on a day it was much needed. So thank you, Ted, and my hope is that the new year is all that you deserve.
Love and friendly shushing :-)